I have created this post in response to the numerous emails, DM’s and questions I get on a regular basis. In fact, I want my entire blog to be a resource for creatives and I hope you can utilize and feel inspired and empowered by what I share in this space.
One of the most common questions I get is how I have been able to have monetary success with my artwork. I have written a few posts on this very subject. Read this post on my Etsy shop success:
2. I offer mentoring to those who wish to have more personalized direction, guidance and advice. I have been using Rookie Up! as the platform to schedule and facilitate these sessions, and it’s truly been lovely to meet artist’s around the world! To book your own personalized mentoring session, click link below:
3. I get a lot of questions about how I can create full time. But I rarely get asked, how did I improve my art over the years? I think it is vital for artist’s to FOCUS ON THE ARTWORK. Then the money will come. I think so many get trapped in thinking about the money first. My philosophy is you must be in this to make great work. If you cannot live without creating, then you already are on the right path! Because no matter the hardships, you still NEED TO CREATE. So take a look at this other blog post I wrote about how I got into a rhythm of creating non-stop to improve my skills and my work.
4. And please, please please READ THIS BOOK! The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. It’s a life changing book for any person, and especially any creative dreamer. This is the reason why I am successful, and work with the largest brands in the world. Positive thinking, daily affirmations and visualizations are what I practice daily to manifest my dreams. Here is a link for the book on Amazon:
5. I was recently interviewed for a podcast with Let’s Highlight Real. The whole podcast is perfect for creatives. The podcast interviews professionals who talk about the ups, downs and failures & successes in such a down to earth, relaxed and touching way. Podcasts in my opinion are such an amazing resource, and they are FREE! So no excuses, go listen to a slew of these. Mine is episode 3:
6. I have been working on my own art book, full of the inspiring stories behind my favorite art pieces over the last decade. The 100 limited edition books have sold out, but I am working on making a PDF version in September and a 2nd edition next year. For many of you, you have already seen the sneak peeks of the book on my Instagram. I cannot wait to have these books shipped out this month! If you would like to be included in the next edition, or want a PDF version please fill out a contact form right here on the website :)
7. If you are an illustrator or want to become one, there is a guidebook for pricing jobs, quoting, and contracts. This is an amazing tool! Purchase the latest edition on Amazon:
Thank you for all your support! I hope these resources will help you, and perhaps shed some light and inspire you in new ways!